Monday, July 17, 2006

No Rest For the Weary

I'm back!
Yes, I was gone. Thanks for noticing.

I just got back last night from a very wondeful week of sand and sun on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Being self-employed, you can take these respits without having to clear your time off with anyone but yourself. But...there is also no one to do your work while you're gone.
So there I was in paradise, hooked to my laptop with my headphones on. B Original, the TV show I do the audio for has a deadline of 5pm today (Monday) for the entire 1st season to be finished and in the hands of the network. This translates into me working on my vacation (as best as I can remotely) and then having to work twice as hard today to finish up despite having spent nearly 14 hours in the car yesterday driving home.
But what separates the people who 'make it' running their own business from people who don't is often simply doing what you said you would. I would like to succeed (duh!) so I make this my focus. So as I type I'm sitting at Starbucks uploading the final episode for this season as another episode uploads from my studio. And I'm tired, but feeling pretty satisfied that the goal has been met and everyone's happy.

Look for the show on DIY Network and HGTV airing this fall. It's on everyday, literally (sometimes twice), so I imagine this won't be the last deadline that is made dangerously close.
Such is the life...

I'm listening to James Brown 20 All Time Greatest Hits

Rock on

Ben
www.javboyrecords.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home