Friday, July 07, 2006

WXPN Free At Noon Concert

One of the many benefits of not having a 9-5 is that (duh!) you don't have to work 9-5.
Today I took the morning off and headed down to 30th St. to check out the WXPN Free At Noon Concert. This is a live on-air concert series that is broadcast by NPR and XPN every Friday at noon from their World Cafe Live venue. It's a great place. I try to get down there when I can.
Today I made an extra effort to attend because one of my new favorite artists was performing, Alexi Murdoch. You probably know his song "Orange Sky" from the OC television show and I think it's on some car commercial too. But anyway, he just put out his first full-length album (Time and Consequence, check it out) and is in Philly today and tonight to promote.
That's one thing about being a studio guy that I miss. The 'performance' aspect of the music. There's nothing quite like being in the same room as a bunch of other people experiencing the music all at once.
But I don't really have time to write today. One of the bad things about being self-employed is that if you skip out for a few hours there's no one there to cover for you...Time to catch up.

I'm listening to Nanci Griffith The Dust Bowl Symphony right now.

Rock on

Ben

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might have lied when I said I'd read your blog every day. It's a bit techie for those of us who use the IPod Shuffle and a cd collection from high school because we haven't purchased any music since 1995. Nonetheless, JavBoy ROCKS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home